INTRO: If you are what you have always been, you have never met Christ! No man can meet Christ and remain the same. What the eye sees it can never unsee!
What happens to a man who meets Christ as the Preeminent, Lord of Creation, Image of Invisible God, Firstborn from the Dead, Ruler Over All Things, Reconciler of all Things, the Fullness of the Godhead. WHAT HAPPENS?
HE IS MADE A MINISTER! He becomes the servant of that Christ. Paul says twice He was MADE A MINISTER, a servant. Service for Christ is the result of a head-on collision with Jesus Christ.
When a man is captivated by the Loving Lordship of Jesus, He is MADE a servant.
I. SERVICE FOR CHRIST IS SUFFERING FOR CHRIST.
vs. 24--"NOW as a result of meeting Him as Lord.
1. We must be READY TO SUFFER. This is far from the experience of most of us. Matt. 5:9,10; I Peter 4:12; II Tim. 2:3; 3:12; Phil. 1:29; Rom. 8:17; John 15:18-1
What Kind? Jesus left some suffering or us to do. Not the Calvary sufferings..."It is finished". But the World wasn't finished with Jesus. The word "affliction" is never used of the redemptive suffering of Christ.
(1) The Sufferings to Birth the Church
(2) The Sufferings to Build the Church
If childbearing were the only pain involved in rearing a family, it would be easy... even into adulthood Gal. 4:1-9
The Sufferings of Obedience - "If I do what God says, I'll have to give up, they'll take advantage of me, etc."
2. We are to REJOICE IN THIS SUFFERING. Your concept of Jesus will determine to what extent you are willing to suffer for Him. I read in one Pastor's column where he there with being "stoned at Lystra".
Paul and others were always rejoicing in their trials. II Cor. 7:4
II. SERVICE FOR CHRIST IS SHARING JESUS. vs. 25-28
1. The MESSAGE we are to share --"Whom we preach..."
(1) Preach - the authority to make an announcement.
We have the RIGHT to share Him. Divine commission.
(2) We have a REASON - "Christ IN you, the Hope of Glory" a daily experience.
Some say the Keswick message discourages evangelism.. IT ENCOURAGES
EVANGELISM because we offer more than fire insurance--LIFE ASSURANCE!
A life of fullness.
Not SOUP and SOAP, but the SAVIOUR.
2. The MANNER we share --
There are 4788 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2394 character sample of the full content.
Price:$4.99 or 1 credit
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!
SermonSearch.com is an online resource for sermon outlines and preaching ideas. We offer 30,000+ sermon outlines and 10,000+ free sermon illustrations from top Christian pastors and communicators. You'll write powerful and fresh sermons every week with our sermon preparation tools on a number of sermon topics, including expository preaching.