Jesus: The Prince Of Peace
INTRODUCTION: As the angels announced the coming of Christ, their
message was "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth, peace among men with whom He is pleased." In other words, God is being greatly
glorified and peace is being made available to people through Jesus
IMPORTANT POINTS CONCERNING THE ISSUE OF PEACE:
1. According to the Bible, true peace is only available through
- Isaiah 9:6 - "Prince of Peace"
- Isaiah 53 - "...the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and
by His stripes we are healed."
** Peace without Jesus is only available through deception, drugs or distraction. However, all three are very temporary and lead to eternal regret and anguish of soul.
2. Peace is the greatest daily benefit of knowing Jesus.
- not success, money or power
- John 14:27 - "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."
3. Peace is what the world is most desperate for today.
- Personally - people are confused, fearful, hurting
- Domestically - people are fearful, divided, abused
- Nationally - societies are torn and at war
LIVING IN GOD'S TOTAL PEACE
"Receiving the Threefold Ministry of Jesus"
1. Receiving Jesus as Lord - Isaiah 9:7
"There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace."
- To the degree you are submitted to Jesus is to the degree you will have peace in your life. Why?
a.) James 4:6 - "God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble."
Example of person being opposed going against God's will and
being helped going the right direction. (Simeon vs. Herod)
This truth also applies to other authority as well. When there is submission to God's appointed authority, there will be peace ...
There are 3710 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1855 character sample of the full content.