The Discipline Of Submission
Introduction: As real as any law of the universe God has set into motion is the law of order. Everything we see which has not been perverted by Satan or sin is created by God in perfect order. Within the law of order is the principle of submission, which order is impossible without. In fact, wherever chaos and confusion reign, you will never find the principle of submission being honored.
DEFINITION OF SUBMISSION: to arrange under
A BIBLICAL UNDERSTANDING OF SUBMISSICN:
- Military - rank and order
- Interior decorating - everything in place
1. (Romans 13:1-6 NIV) (1) Everyone mist submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. (2) Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves (3) For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in
authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. (4) For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. (5) Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. (6) This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to
2. (Heb. 13:17 NIV) Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.
3. (Ephesians 6:1-4 NIV) (1) Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. (2) ''Honor your father and mother'' which is the first commandment with a p ...
There are 6341 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.