Our Perfect Healing
INTRODUCTION: - One of the greatest and most needed messages in the world today is the good news of the cross. It is the only message of any real significance. At the core of the message of the cross is the message of God's perfect healing for us today because of Jesus death on the cross. Today we will look at Isaiah 53 to see wore closely the truth concerning our perfect healing.
I. THREE REASONS THE HEALING POWER OF THE CROSS IS PERFECT
1. It is Eternal/Final - vs. 4
- Past tense
- Central Scripture - Isaiah 53:4
- Final and forever - ''stricken, smitten and afflicted'', the eternal weight of God's wrath was ventilated (sin and sickness paid forever)
* John 5 - Pool of Bethesda (mercy) - only occasionally when the angel would trouble the water - vs. Jesus atoning death -forever - all day, every day.
- Central Story - epitomizes difference between Old and New Testament.
- Is healing in the atonemnt - of course - not exclusive, but eternalizes and perfects healing.
- The benefit of the New Covenant
- Hebrews 9:11-12 - ''Having obtained eternal redemption''
- Not earned day to day/always available.
2. It is Total - vs. 5
- ''the chastisement for our peace (shalom) was upon Him''
- The healing power of God flows to every area of our life.
- Body, soul, spirit
- Relationships, finances, purpose, identity
- One area of sickness or sin ruin our lives and destroy God's purpose. Healing must be total.
- Galatians 3:13-14 - ''Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law... that the blessings of Abraham might come to the Gentiles.''
- Genesis 24:1 - Abraham was completely blessed.
3. It is Universal - vs. 6
''laid th ...
There are 3447 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1724 character sample of the full content.