The Resurrected Church
INTRODUCTION: It's comforting to know that the condition of the world and of the church today is no surprise to God. Thousands of years ago in the book of Ezekiel, God prophesied what would be happening in the last days. These prophecies should give us great hope, especially the prophecy concerning the valley of the dry bones. This passage speaks clearly about what God is doing in the Church today!
a. This portion of Scripture is the final portion dealing with the restoration of Israel.
b. There is a Scriptural parallel between national Israel and the Church.
- Church is spiritual Israel Romans 2:28/Galatians 3:29
- Historical and end times events parallel one another.
-Early 1900's - Zionist movement Pentecostal movement
- Mid 1900's - Israel regathered Charismatic movement (official recognition)(major move of God)
- Currently - Israel in turmoil Church in turmoil (Palestinian issue/ (sin issues-will we yield internal division) to the enemy, division)
- Future - Persecution coming Persecution coming (their hope is in (our hope is the Messiah)
c. Ezekiel is a type of end time -victorious Christian
- God uses Ezekiel to bring restoration to the bones
- God doesn't do it alone.
d. The valley of the dry bones (Represents the Church)
- Are very dry
- Reveals how long they have been dry
- Reveals how many have been effected
- Reveals how serious the problem is
My three questions:
1. What are you saying?
2. How can I steward it?
3. How can I minister it?
FOUR STEPS TO SPIRITUAL RESURRECTI ...
There are 3270 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1635 character sample of the full content.