The Commitment of the Peacemaker
Paul says: Match his level of surrender - ''parakelo''
Match his lifestyle of service - ''Axios''
''UNITY'' - ''Reconcilers - II Corinthians 5''
INTRODUCTION: The ''authentic'' Christian is a person who is committed to and characterized by a spirit of unity. His influence is one of bringing things together. He is ''together'' because of God's work in his life and he brings things together because of God's working through his life.
Three Facts About Unity
1. Unity is God's explicit desire - John 17:11;21 - oneness as a church, oneness with him
2. Unity is God's design for us - (church - I Corinthians 12),(marriage - Genesis 2)
3. Unity is God's delight - (pleases Him) - Psalm 133
The Fourfold Commitment of Christian Unity
1. Commitment to work diligently for it - Vs. 3 ''being diligent to preserve''
- Four things we must work against:
1. Spirit of Apathy-Adamic nature - Anything left alone falls apart.
2. Schemes of the Enemy - (John 10 - steal, kill, destroy, I Peter 5 - be sober)
3. Sinful Carnality - Galatians 5 - ...outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions''
4. Selfish Fantasy - just ''happens'' chemistry not responsibility - Marriage - cleave''
2. Commitment to Central, Essential Issues - Vss. 4-6
There are 2675 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1338 character sample of the full content.