The Call Of Disciple-Making (2 of 3) by Jimmy Evans
This content is part of a series.The Call Of Disciple-Making
2 Chronicles 7
Introduction: After Solomon had finished dedicating his temple to the Lord, the Lord spoke to Solomon in II Chronicles 7:13 and 14 concerning His possible dealings with the nation of Israel in times of apostasy. The Lord clearly outlined for Solomon three critical truths that could save God's people and their nation from possible destruction.
These three truths were:
1. The Responsibility for Change
2. The Requirements for Change
3. The Rewards of Change
I. THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR CHANGE - (disciples)
- Background into II Chronicles 7
- Israel was a discipled nation under King David
- They were obeying God and transferring the truths of God to their children and around the world. Therefore, they were at peace and God was prospering them. However, if they stopped the process of discipleship and disciplemaking - God says that they would know by three things that He personally would do:
- vs. 13
1. Disallow Blessing - (stop the rain)
2. Allow Destruction - (command locusts)
3. Cause Death - (send pestilence)
- The absence of those things was a signal to the nation of Israel that God was pleased, however God would reveal His displeasure to them in a systematic manner if they beg ...
There are 2562 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1281 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!