Facing Up to the Phantom of Fear (2 of 8) by Rick White
This content is part of a series.Facing Up to the Phantom of Fear (2 of 8)
Psalm 27:1-7, 13-14
Read Psalm 27:1-7, 13-14
Introduction: March 4, 1933 Franklin D.Roosevelt declared, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Paul Tournier stated," So many of the roads of life are guarded by the dragon of fear."
FACTS WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FEAR
1. Some fears are legitimate and some are illegitimate.
2. Some fears are normal and some are abnormal.
Normal: Surgery, childbirth, retirement, death, etc.
Abnormal: Phobias, acqra-heights, astro-thunder and lighting, aqora-public places, clostra-closed places, pyra-fire,triskideccka-fear of 13, luposlipaphobia-fear of being pursued by timber wolves around a kitchen table while wearing socks on a newly waxed floor.
WHAT CAUSES OUR FEAR?
1. Temperamental - prone towards fear.
2. Psychological- traumatic experience of the past
3. Environmental-impact of a particular situation.
4. Spiritual-covering sin leads to fear. (Adam/Eve)
FIVE WAYS WE COPE WITH FEAR
1. Denial-there is nothing to fear
2. Avoidance-dodging the object of our fear
3. Escape-retreat to our private world
4. Bullying-an attempt to overpower by sheer force
5. Face Up to Fear!
CONSEQUENCES OF A FEAR-FILLED LIFE
1. Uncertai ...
There are 2549 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1274 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!