This content is part of a series.
Prayer Busters (7 of 8)
Learning To Pray: 101
Message Truth: The scripture is full of wonderful promises, especially as they relate to prayer. However, those promises are also tied to certain conditions that we must meet in order to enjoy the blessings of answered prayer.
(See James 4:2 NIV)
1. (Illustration) We have all heard about the Dead Letter Office at the Postal Service. It's the place where mail goes when it is determined to be "undeliverable". It never reaches its destination and any request made by the sender goes unanswered.
2. Chances are that most of us have felt at one time or another that some of our prayers were ending up like those letters, in the Dead Prayers Office.
3. Obviously one of the greatest motivations for praying is answered prayer and perhaps nothing is more devastating to our praying that unanswered prayer.
4. Last week we talked about, "Does God Answer Every Prayer". We said that God does answer every prayer but in different ways; Yes, Wait, and No. We focused on why God sometimes says no to our prayers. He may have a bigger perspective, better plan, or greater purpose. However, there are some other reasons why he may say no or our prayers go unanswered that I am calling Prayer Busters.
WHY DO OUR PRAYERS SOMETIMES GO UNANSWERED?
1. The request may be wrong.
2. The timing may be wrong.
3. We may be wrong.
Most of the time when our prayers are seemingly going unanswered we have the tendency to ask, what's wrong with God. Why is He not answering my prayers? It is much easier to blame God than it is to look in the mirror and ask the hard questions about me. What has gone wrong in my life that is keeping my prayers from being answered?
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF ANSWERED PRAYER?
1. An Authentic Relationship To God
(John 15:7 NIV) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
That's a beaut ...
There are 6083 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.