Live Your Life and Forget Your Age
SM Senior Adults
Pep Club FBC
September 4, 1997
22 WAYS TO KNOW YOU'RE GETTING OLDER
1. Everything hurts and what doesn't hurt doesn't work.
2. The gleam in your eyes is from the sun hitting your bifocals.
3. You feel like the morning after and you haven't been anywhere.
4. Your little black book contains only names that end in M.D.
5. Your children begin to look middle aged.
6. You finally reach the top of the ladder and find it leaning against the wrong wall.
7. Your mind makes contracts your body can't meet.
8. You look forward to a dull evening.
9. Your favorite part of the newspaper is "20 Years Ago Today".
10. You turn out the lights for economic rather than romantic reasons.
11. You sit in a rocking chair and can't get it going.
12. Your knees buckle, and your belt won't.
14. You're 17 around the neck, 42 around the waist, and 95 around the golf course.
15. Your back goes out more than you do.
17. Your Pacemaker makes the garage doors go up when you see a pretty girl.
18. The little old gray haired lady you helped across the street is your wife.
19. You sink your teeth into a steak, and they stay there.
20. You have too much room in the house and not enough in the medicine cabinet.
21. You get your exercise acting as a pallbearer for your friends who exercise.
22. You know all the answers, but nobody asks you the questions.
--from Mark Lowry
Live your life and forget your age.
- Frank Bering
A company in Las Vegas called "Thrillseekers Unlimited" specializes in what it calls an "Adrenaline vacation." Owner Rick Hopkins enthusiastically promotes a week of skydiving, bungee jumping, firewalking, paragliding, and rock climbing for the not-so- faint-of-heart. While some might argue that this "full immersion" approach to choosing life is actually more like cheating death, the thought is certainly exhilarating!
I lik ...
There are 7621 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.