The Truth about Ministry And Money
Find Us Faithful Celebration
Introduction: Listen to what some famous people have had to say about the subject of money:
1. When I was young I use to think that money was the most important thing in the world. Now that I am old, I know it. - Oscar Wilde
2. When a fellow says it ain't the money, it's the principle of the thing, you can believe that it's the money.
3. I don't like money actually, but it quiets my nerves. - Joe Lewis
4. When Sophie Tucker turned 69 she gave this advice: From birth to age 18 a girl needs good parents, between 18 and 35 she needs good looks, from 35 -55 she needs a good personality, and from 55 on she needs cash baby!
5. Happiness is not based on money and the best proof of that is our family. Christine Onasis.
Jesus said a lot about treasure while He was on earth. In fact, one third of His parables address the subject of stewardship. He spoke extensively about it, not because He was a fund-raiser, but because He knew that "where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:21).
Perhaps no other subject causes such great uneasiness in church life today than the subject of money. You can speak on almost any subject in the world with affirmation from the Christian community, except for the subject of money. Even when someone does choose to preach or teach on the subject they often do it with apology, disclaimer, or embarrassment.
1. We must not allow those who profane holy things keep us from healthy instruction and application (marriage, children, environment, etc.).
2. The instructions regarding giving is addressed to the Christian community only. God does not expect the unsaved to give but rather He invites you to receive.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION: GIVING IN AMERICA
In a recent news story account Lyle Schaller shared the following information about giving in America.
• Money contributed to religious organizati ...
There are 9182 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.