MOTIVATED BY GOD'S INDESCRIBABLE GIFT
II CORINTHIANS 9: 5 - 8
(PAGE 1695 COME ALIVE BIBLE)
JESUS CHRIST is spoken of in God's Word as God's "indescribable
gift," that is, "His unspeakable gift." This gift is so
1. The Father's gift of His Son is unspeakably free.
2. It is unspeakably necessary.
3. It is so unspeakably effective. He cleanses us from "all
unrighteousness" (I John 1:9).
4. It is unspeakable because of its eternal consequence. It has
the potential of resulting in eternal life for you.
"Thanks be to God..." Thanks is the gratitude offered by a
person excited over an act of kindness done to him or her. Out
of our gratitude we act to express our thanks.
Every time a Christian gives with thanksgiving he is only
reflecting the unspeakable act of God when He gave His only
begotten Son for our salvation. Our acts of giving only mirror
the self-giving of God. You are never more like God than when
you are giving.
There are a variety of reasons the devil attacks the principle
1. The act of giving is so God-like it reveals His love.
2. It gives joy to the giver.
3. It frees the heart of selfishness.
4. It is an act of obedience.
In our text guidelines for giving are noted.
I. GIVE WITHOUT: CONSTRAINT OR COMPULSION
A. Constraint isn't a worthy motivation for giving. That is,
don't give because you feel you have to give. Observe verse 5d,
"not as a grudging obligation." And verse 7b "not grudgingly."
It is not as though these people don't give. It is that they
give, but it hurts them to do it. They have a bad atti ...
There are 10041 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.