HOW TO HAVE MAXIMUM IMPACT ON YOUR KIDS
Sunday morning, May 16, 1993
I Sam. 2:12, 18, 22-23 Eli's sons were WICKED men; they had NO
REGARD FOR THE LORD.... This sin of the young men was very great
in the LORD'S sight, for they were TREATING THE LORD'S OFFERING
WITH CONTEMPT.... Now Eli, who was very old, heard about
everything his sons were doing to all Israel and how they SLEPT
WITH THE WOMEN who served at the entrance to the Tent of
Meeting. So he said to them, "WHY DO YOU DO SUCH THINGS?"
I. THE END OF CHILDHOOD IN AMERICA
1. SEXUAL INNOCENCE LOST? (SURVEY OF THOSE 18-24)
61% BY AGE 16, AND MORE THAN 20% BY OR BEFORE AGE 13.
2. COST OF COSMETICS BY AGE 13? OVER $250 A YEAR.
3. ADULT AMERICANS SERIOUSLY ABUSED AS CHILDREN? 1 IN 6.
4. VIOLENCE? 95% OF CHILDREN'S CARTOONS HAVE VIOLENT THEMES.
II. CHARACTERISTICS OF SUCCESSFUL FAMILIES
1. COMMITTED TO THE FAMILY2. SPEND TIME TOGETHER
3. GOOD COMMUNICATION 4. EXPRESS APPRECIATION
5. ABLE TO SOLVE PROBLEMS6. SPIRITUAL COMMITMENT
III. A LIVING LEGACY
Deut. 6:1-3 These are the commands, decrees and laws the LORD
your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that
you are crossing the Jordan to possess, SO THAT you, your
children and grandchildren may fear the LORD your God as long as
you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give
you, and SO THAT you may enjoy long life. Hear, O Israel, and
be careful to obey SO THAT it may go well with you and that you
may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just
There are 4139 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.