This content is part of a series.
Distinguishing God’s Voice From Other Voices (4 of 8)
Series: Listening to God
Dr. Rick E. Ferguson
1) When you are praying about a matter, and you begin to feel impressed a certain direction, how can you know whether you are hearing God’s voice or some other voice?
2) Whenever someone gives you advice, how can you discern whether they are speaking for God--or for someone else?
3) Whenever you hear a preacher on television who claims to be speaking for God, how can you tell whether he is speaking for God or whether he is a false prophet? (By the way, there are many false prophets who use the guise of religion to make money. They are not PROPHETS, they are PROFITEERS!)
4) How can you know, when you are praying about a matter, and you read a verse in the Bible that seems to apply to what you are praying over, how can you know whether God is really speaking through that verse, or whether your mind is simply imposing your own wishes and thoughts on that verse?
5) Whenever you have a thought run through your mind, how can you know whether that thought is God speaking or if it’s simply your mind playing mental games with you?
These are some pretty practical questions that you need to answer if you are serious about knowing and doing God’s will for your life.
Every believer needs to be extremely concerned about knowing how to distinguish God’s voice from other voices one may hear in your world. Being able to distinguish God’s voice from all other voices is absolutely essential. God’s Word teaches us to learn to recognize God’s voice.
1 John 4:1-31
John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
1 John 4:2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,
1 John 4:3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus ...
There are 29197 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.