This content is part of a series.
Funeral Service Based on Heaven (9 of 12)
Series: Funeral Series
DESCRIPTION: Funeral sermon emphasizing heaven.
I. RIGHT NOW MARY ELLEN IS IN PARADISE
Luke 23:43 ''Jesus answered him, 'I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.'''
The word ''Paradise'' means ''A walled park'' or ''An enclosed Garden.'' It brings to mind the descriptions of Eden in Genesis.
Present Heaven - Intermediate state.
John's description of the Martyrs in Revelation 6:9-11 infer:
1) CONTINUITY. There is direct continuity between her identity on Earth and our identity in Paradise.
2) RECOGNITION. People in Paradise will be remembered for their lives on Earth.
3) EXPRESSION. ''They called out'' (Rev. 6:10) means they were able to express themselves audibly.
4) EMOTIONS. They are rational, communicative, and emotional - even passionate - beings.
5) UNITY. They called out in a ''loud voice,'' not ''loud voices.'' Individuals speaking with one voice indicate that Paradise is a place of unity and shared perspective.
6) AWARENESS. In Paradise they are fully conscious and aware of each other, aware of God, and aware of the situation on Earth.
7) QUESTIONS. Those in Paradise are free to ask God questions, which means they have an audience with God.
8) MEMORY. They clearly remember their lives on Earth including how they died.
9) PERSPECTIVE. Those in Paradise see God's attributes in a way that makes his judgment of sin more understandable.
10) INDIVIDUALITY. Those in Paradise are distinct individuals: ''Then each of them was given a white robe''(Rev.6:11). There isn't one merged identity that obliterates uniqueness.
11) LEARNING. God answers their question indicating that we don't know everything in Paradise - if we did, we would have no questions. There is learning in the present Heaven.
12) FAMILY. The people of God in Paradise have a strong family connection with those on Earth, who are ...
There are 9444 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.