This content is part of a series.
Too Big to Fail (7 of 8)
Series: Reel Grace
1. [Movie-Too Big To Fail-Script]
2. There is a ''too big to fail'' theory that asserts that certain corporations and especially if they are financial in nature are so large, and so interconnected, and so vital to the economy of our nation, that they cannot be allowed to fail even if it takes governmental intervention. They are too big to fail.
3. Tell that to Lehman Brothers. Behind Goldman Sax, Morgan Stanley, and Merrill Lynch, Lehman Brothers was the fourth largest investment bank in the United States. It was founded in 1850 and operated for 158 years until, on September 15, 2008, it filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy which is the largest bankruptcy filing in U.S. history which set off a chain-reaction that led to a global financial meltdown that we all experienced thereafter.
4. Too big to fail - tell that to Goliath. Too big to fail - tell that to Old Testament Israel, the nation God personally chose for Himself. Too big to fail - tell that to the Roman Empire. Too big to fail - tell that to Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union.
5. The truth of the matter is there is nothing or no one too big to fail except God, who created everything. With anything and everyone else the saying is true, ''The bigger they are the harder they fall.''
6. We can all fail and fail miserably. We can all fall and fall hard. That is true of corporations and nations. It is true of kings and queens. It is true of millionaires and billionaires. It is why we are in need of the greatest gift God has to offer us which is His grace through Jesus Christ.
7. We are in a series we are calling ''Reel Grace.'' We have been in the Book of Romans and discovered that though it reads like a book it could easily be a movie. It has everything - a director named Paul, a great setting - the whole world, a wonderful supporting cast - you and me, a plot that is thick with sin, evil, wickedness, rebel ...
There are 16601 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.