This content is part of a series.
In The Waiting Room (2 of 3)
Series: 3-D Christmas
1. When you hear these words, ''Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose...'' you know it is that time of year again. The Christmas Song makes everybody's list of favorite Christmas carols. The song perfectly captures the anticipation that kids have for this magical time of the year.
2. You remember these lyrics - Tiny tots with their eyes all-aglow Will find it hard to sleep tonight They know that Santa is on his way He has loaded lots of toys and goodies on his sleigh And every mother's child is going to spy To see if reindeer really know how to fly.
3. Everywhere you go you hear the story of Santa Claus, reindeer, sleighs full of toys and you can smell anticipation and expectation. In fact, it is one of the ways you can tell whether you are younger or older. When you are younger, if you remember, the question you kept asking was, ''Will Christmas ever get here?'' When you are older your question becomes, ''Is Christmas here again already?''
4. There was the same anticipation and expectation, at least on the part of some, for the first and real Christmas that took place 2000 years ago. Imagine what it must have been like when every Jewish mother's child was told a story even more wonderful and more awe inspiring than the story of Santa ever could. It is a story that began with a promise and a prophecy that we looked at last week. ''I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.'' (Genesis 3:15, ESV)
5. For thousands of years, children in Jewish homes were taught that one day God would send a Messiah, a Deliverer, somone who would rule not just over them, but over the entire world. They even celebrated feasts and holidays to keep this in the minds of the people and to keep their expectation and anticipation up, but that was a ...
There are 19443 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.