This content is part of a series.
#To Those Who Wait (3 of 4)
Series: Going Viral
1. [Show Video Bumper] When I was growing up occasionally my mother would say something to me that I used to believe was the absolute worst thing any mother ever could say to her child. Just as one statement put me into a funk, planted the fear of God into me, caused me to lose my appetite and just ruin the rest of my day. Some of you have heard these words before, ''You just wait until your dad gets home.''
2. I used to think those were the worst words a mom could ever say to her child, but on second thought and upon further review though she may not have realized it she was getting me ready for life.
3. Let me tell you what I mean. Trouble does come to everybody. Sometimes it comes because we deserve it, but many times it comes even when we don't. I have learned that if you talk to anybody long enough everybody has had heart ache. Everybody has experienced disappointment. Given enough time, life gives everybody a shot to the jaw when they are not even looking.
4. I believe this explains why the verse that we are going to look at today is so popular with so many people. We are in a series called, ''Going Viral.'' When something ''goes viral'' it means it is few by many people in a short period of time. It spreads like a virus.
5. We have been looking at the top 4 most shared Bible verses in the last year. We started with the 4th one which is this verse,
''Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.''
(Joshua 1:9, ESV)
6. Last week we looked at the 3rd one which is this one,
''And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.'' (Matthew 6:13, ESV)
Today, we are going to look at a verse that is seen and heard, not just in the Bible, but also in movies, books and speeches.
7. When George W. Bush stepped on to the inaugural platform, ...
There are 18647 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.