This content is part of a series.
Rest Stop (2 of 4)
1. Do you ever feel tired? Do you ever get weary? Ever have days when you just don't have a lot of energy and you don't know why? Maybe this will help.
2. If you are an adult of average weight, here is what you accomplish every single day. In a 24 hour period - [put on screen one point at a time]
Your heart beats 103, 689 times
Your blood travels 168 million miles
You breathe 23,040 times
You inhale 438 cubic feet of air
You eat 3 ¼ pounds of food
You drink 3 quarts of liquid
You lose a pound of waste
You speak 25,000 words
You move 750 muscles
You exercise 7 million brain cells
You are saying, ''No wonder I feel tired!''
3. It is one thing to experience physical fatigue, but I believe there are other kinds of fatigue that are far worse and far more debilitating. There is mental fatigue, emotional fatigue, and there is spiritual fatigue. The only remedy for physical fatigue is sleep, but the only remedy for the other kind of fatigues is rest. There is a difference. You can go to a drugstore and buy something that will put you to sleep, but you can't buy anything that will give you the kind of rest you need for your heart and your soul and your mind.
4. You get so tired and weary of fighting for your marriage. You just give up and check out. You get so weary of the financial pressures of life you just let bills go unpaid and don't answer the phone when the collectors call. Some people just get so tired and weary of life they just end their life. A lot of us are messed up because we are stressed out. We have gone about as far as we can go. We've carried about as much as we can bear and taken about as much as we can stand.
5. Today, we are continuing a series that we have entitled, ''Overwhelmed.'' Last week, we dealt with how to deal with being overwhelmed with guilt. Today, we are going to talk about how to deal with being overwhelmed with stress. ...
There are 17555 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.