Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame catcher and former New York Yankees manager, was the champion of muddled conversation. Here are a few of his ambiguous statements:
- On a hot day in St. Petersburg, Florida, a spring training observer told Yogi, "Good afternoon, Mr. Berra. My, you look mighty cool today." "Thank you, ma'am," Yogi replied. "You don't look so hot yourself."
- "We lost because we made too many wrong mistakes."
- "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
- "Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."
- "You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."