JDB, Our Daily Bread
, Sept.-Nov. 1997, page for October 12
We need to look at what the Bible says about parenting:
- Parents must teach God's truth (Dt. 4:9>; 32:46>).
- Parents must lovingly discipline children because they are immature and need guidance (Prov. 22:15>; 29:15>).
- Parents should not exasperate their children (Eph. 6:4>).
- Parents' wise decisions bring blessing to their children (Dt. 30:19-20>).
- Parents who are godly teach their children to obey (Eph. 6:1>; 1 Tim. 3:4>).
- Parents who faithfully train their children can be confident that their efforts are not in vain (Prov. 22:6>).