Dr. Benjamin A. Sawatsky, Executive Director, EFCM, in Beacon, July, 1998
We must rejoice over unity as a precious gift from God, while protecting it as a valued treasure. Here are some practical ways we are committed to keeping the unity of the Spirit in the EFCM:
1. I will recognize the call and gifts from God in all of my co-workers.
2. I will exercise vigilance over our unity.
3. I commit to speaking well of my coworker brothers and sisters and will publicly express appreciation for them.
4. I will pray diligently and fervently for the blessing of God on my teammates.
5. I will affirm the co-equal importance of planting, watering and supporting ministries.
6. I will shoulder responsibility for the ministry assigned to me and at the same time exercise prayerful concern for the field's ministry in its entirety.
7. I understand that in the "heat of battle" there will be misunderstandings, conflicts and offenses.
8. I will deal with offenses promptly and appropriately
9. I will listen intently in order to understand the other person's perspective.
10. I will avoid judging the motives of a fellow worker, because I cannot see my brother or sister's heart.
11. I will forgive others on the team without hesitation or precondition, knowing that I, too, will need frequent forgiveness for my offenses.
12. I will commit myself to becoming better acquainted with the members of my team.
Jesus Himself said that believers and non-believers alike are watching, and our love for each other is the evidence that our faith is real. Join with me in guarding the precious unity of our faith.