Sylvia Nash, Leadership Handbooks of Practical Theology, Vol. 3, "Leadership & Administration" (Baker Books, 1994). Quoted in YOUR CHURCH, Jan./Feb. 1997, p. 6
1. Go through the job description line by line.
2. Familiarize them with each piece of equipment.
3. Show them how to find addresses, phone numbers, and directions.
4. Provide a list of regular meetings and responsibilities.
5. List key people: board members, outside contacts, reliable volunteers.
6. Provide a church reference guide with mission and vision statements, goals, budgets, and organizational chart.
7. Double check personnel matters. All legal forms should be completed.