British Children's Answers To Church School Questions:
- Noah's wife was called Joan of Ark.
- The fifth commandment is Humor thy father and mother.
- Lot's wife was a pillar of salt by day, and a ball of fire at night.
- When Mary heard she was to be the mother of Jesus, she went off and sang the Magna Carta.
- Salome was a woman who danced naked in front of Harrods.
- Holy acrimony is another name for marriage.
- The Pope lives in a vacuum.
- Paraffin is next in order after seraphim.
- The patron saint of travelers is St. Francis of the sea sick.
- Iran is the Bible of Moslems.
- A republican is a sinner mentioned in the Bible.
- The natives of Macedonia did not believe, so Paul got stoned.
- The first commandment was when Eve told Adam to eat the apple.
- It is sometimes difficult to hear what is being said in church because the agnostics are so terrible.