Editor & Publisher, quoted in Reader's Digest, May, 1980
- Old age is always 15 years older than I am. - Bernard Baruch
- By the time a person gets to greener pastures, he can't climb the fence. Frank Dickson, quoted by Ira G. Corn, Jr., United Feature Syndicate
- Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does -- except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place. - Abigail Van Buren, Chicago Tribute-New York News Syndicate
- Lowell Thomas, speaking at a luncheon, warned that one of the dangers of passing the 80th year of age is that "everything you say reminds you of something else."
- It's only natural for older people to be quiet. They have a lot more to be quiet about.