5 = Strongly agree
1. Husbands should share in household duties equally.
2. Husbands should have the final say on important decisions.
3. Husbands should be willing to cook, clean and do the same household tasks as their wives.
4. Husbands should be the head of the family.
5. A husband's occupation should be the first priority in determining where a couple will live.
6. Some of the tasks one does around the house should be based on one's skills and interests.
7. If she wants, a wife should be able to keep her maiden name after marriage.
8. A husband should be as willing to adapt his lifestyle as his wife is.
9. If they want to work, wives should be encouraged and supported by their husbands.
10. When children are young, their mother should stay home and care for them.
Now, total your points for questions 1, 3, 6, 7, 8 & 9
Then, subtract your total points for questions 2, 4, 5 & 10
Then, add 24 to that total
Now you have your score:
Your score ________ Your partner's score________
Use the following chart to interpret your scores.
Interpretation of Scores:
Compare your scores. What kind of marriage do each of you want? Read on to understand the three different types of marriages in more detail.