From Men's Ministry Leadership Seminar, Promise Keepers, 1993, p. 5
1. Men commit suicide at 4 times the rate of women.
2. Men between 18 and 29 suffer alcohol dependency at 3 times the rate of women of the same age.
3. More than 2/3's of all alcoholics are men; 50% more men are regular users of illicit drugs than women.
4. Life expectancy for men is 10% shorter than for women; the incidence of stress-related illness, such as heart disease and certain cancers, remains inordinately high among men.
5. More than 80% of America's homeless are men.