1. Let me pass over the river and rest under the shade of the trees.General T.J. "Stonewall" Jackson&md;wounded by his own men, he died shortly after.
2. I am not come hither to deny my Lord and Master. Anne Askew&md;July 16, 1545&md;burned at the stake after torture on the rack, at the age of 25
3. "Our God is the God from whom cometh salvation: God is the Lord by whom we escape death." - Martin Luther
4. "Live in Christ, live in Christ, and the flesh need not fear death." - John Knox
5. "Thou, Lord, bruisest me; but I am abundantly satisfied, since it is from Thy hand." - John Calvin
6. John Wesley, just before he died in his 88th year, sat up, looked at his loved ones weeping at his bedside, and said, "Best of all, God is with us. Farewell, Farewell!"
7. "I shall be satisfied with Thy likeness&md;satisfied, satisfied!" - Charles Wesley
8. I have only a little longer of earthly darkness, and then the sunshine of the Father's throne. God is love. Good night, good night. - Ira Sankey (who lived in Brooklyn the last years of his life and after years of blindness died in 1908).
9. Be of good comfort, Master Ridley, and play the man; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out ... Father of heaven, receive my soul! - Hugh Latimer&md;October 16, 1555&md;burned at the stake for the gospel.
10. Lord, however Thou dispose of me, continue and go on to do good for them. Pardon Thy foolish people! Forgive their sins and do not forsake them, but love and bless them. Give them consistency of judgment, one heart, and mutual love; and go on to deliver them, and with the work of reformation; and make the name of Christ glorious in the world. Teach those who look too much on Thy instruments, to depend more upon Thyself...And pardon the folly of this short prayer. And give me rest for Jesus Christ's sake, to whom, with Thee and Thy Holy Spirit, be all honor and glory, now and forever! Amen. - Oliver Cromwell&md;September 3, 1658&md;before died as a result of a fever